What Should a 21st Century Education Look Like?
We homeschooling parents know we’re giving our children a decent academic education. But let’s face it – we sometimes wonder if we really know how to equip them to be the adults the 21st Century needs. After all, the world our children are inheriting will be more complex, uncertain, and turbulent than the one we had to face.
The “Ready for Real Life” webinar, hosted by the entire Botkin family, will take on the practical side of educating children for the real world, also tackling every-day issues like saving money on curriculum, teaching your children to take responsibility for their own education, dealing with different learning styles, teaching social skills and confidence, helping children who don’t like to read or write, creating an educational home environment, and helping children learn marketable skills.
Hear from each member of the Botkin family, as they talk about lessons they’ve learned along the way, books and resources they recommend, things that worked for them, and things they’ll never do again.
Six Sessions, Plus Bonus Q & A Sessions
Webinar sessions will run every Tuesday evening, 7PM CST, from September 3-October 15. Each session will include time for Q&A, plus you’ll get a bonus Q&A session at the end.
- Ready for What? What We Must Educate Our Children to Be and Do
- Ready to Think and Communicate: How to Have Something to Say and How to Say it – Studying Theology, Apologetics, Critical Thinking Skills, Writing, Researching, Editing, Speaking, and how to boldly give an answer.
- Ready to Lead Culture: How to Take Dominion of the Arts Without the Arts Taking Dominion of You – Studying Music, Art, Photography, Graphic Design, Fashion, and Filmmaking
- Ready to Take Dominion of the Earth: Studying Science, Math, Engineering, Medicine, Computer Sciences, Agriculture, Construction, and the basic knowledge necessary in order to participate in 21st Century progress.
- Ready to Lead in the Gates: Studying Economics, Law, Political Science, Military Studies, Geography, and History
- Ready for Anything: Figuring Out Vocation, Gifts, Real Life Skills, and the Unique Challenges of the 21st century
- Bonus: Final Questions and Answers
Join the Botkin family for a weekly whole-family event full of encouragement, challenge, and motivation!
For more information about the Ready for Real Life webinar, please visit Western Conservatory.
Editor’s Note: Last fall my daughter and I attended the Reclaiming Beauty webinar hosted by the Western Conservatory, and I was impressed with the quality of information and the rich, life-changing way of thinking about beauty from a Christian perspective. It was the most balanced and biblical presentation I had ever heard on the subject. I’ve purchased several additional resources from the Western Conservatory over the years and have never once been disappointed.
- Cost $39.
- Over 8 hours of live-streaming audio with slides.
- Completed sessions will be available for subscribers to download.
Enter a Giveaway to Win a Free Webinar Subscription ($39 value)!
I encourage you to head over and sign up for the Webinar now, because if you end up being the winner, your payment will simply be refunded! What have you got to lose but old, antiquated ideas about education?
Giveaway will run from August 26-midnight September 1.
a Rafflecopter giveaway